Jump to content
Where our stories come alive
A wooden spearthrower in three parts. The spearthrower has an elliptical shaft and a wooden peg was attached to the distal end by adhesive but is now separate and tied to the spearthrower. There are also two oval sections of shell attached opposed to the proximal end by adhesive.
L 760mm x W 100mm x D 50mm
By Mr Hackney
Mr T P Hackney purchased this object as part of a collection of Aboriginal artefacts from an auctioneer in Gilgandra, New South Wales, in 1918, and it was passed down through his family until it was acquired by the National Museum of Australia in 1983