Jump to content
Where our stories come alive
A wooden spearthrower in three parts. The spearthrower has an elliptical shaft with a wooden peg secured at the distal end at a right angle by fibre and adhesive. The proximal end terminates with opposed shells held in place with adhesive.
L 895mm x W 145mm x D 30mm
By Mr Hackney
Mr T P Hackney purchased this object as part of a collection of Aboriginal artefacts from an auctioneer in Gilgandra, New South Wales, in 1918, and it was passed down through his family until it was acquired by the National Museum of Australia in 1983